Laboratory Manual for Chemistry: Structure and Properties / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Laboratory Manual for Chemistry: Structure and Properties is authored by Daphne Norton from the University of Georgia. Written to correspond with teaching using an atoms-first approach, this author emphasizes critical thinking and problem-solving skills while fostering student engagement in real world applications. Students will be exposed to recent advances in science by presenting labs in an investigative context. Emphasis is placed on data collection and analysis versus mere step-by-step instruction.
|Edition description:||Lab Manual|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of Contents1. Liquid Crystals
2. Atomic Emission Spectra: Comparing Experimental Results to Bohr’s Theoretical Model
3. Energy & Electromagnetism: Irradiance Measurements
4. Structure of Molecules
5. A Gravimetric Analysis of Phosphorus in Fertilizer
6. Recycling Aluminum
7. Qualitative Analysis: The Detection of Anions
8. Qualitative Analysis: Detection of Metal Cations
9. Qualitative Analysis: Identification of a Single Salt
10. Qualitative Analysis of Household Chemicals
11. Iron Deficiency Analysis
12. Gasimetric Analysis of a Carbonate
13. Calorimetry: Heat of Fusion and Specific Heat
14. Chromatography: Isolation and Characterization of Yellow Dye No. 5
15. Freezing Point: Depression or A Lesson in Making Ice Cream
16. Alternative Fuel Project
17. The Green Fades Away
18. Chemical Kinetics
19. Analysis of Phosphoric Acid in Coca-Cola Classic: Spectrophotometric Method
20. Analysis of Phosphoric Acid in Coca-Cola Classic: pH Titration
21. Borax Solubility: Investigating the Relationship between Thermodynamics and Equilibrium
22. Electrochemical Preparation of Nickel Nanowires
23. Synthesis of K3Fe(C2O4)3 3H2O
24. Analysis of Oxalate in K3Fe(C2O4)3 3H2O