Paint with passion, purpose and pleasure.
What do you want your landscape painting to say about this place, this moment? How do you use the visual vocabularyline, shape, value, color, edgesto say it? With this book, your conversation with nature will direct your brush. With an exhilarating, synergistic combination of indoor and outdoor painting, Kevin Macpherson shows you how to create personal, poetic landscapes that capture the feeling of being there.
Learn how to:
- Use a limited palette in a way that is more liberating than limiting.
- Experience nature to the fullest and capture its vibrancy back in the studio through photos, sketches and outdoor studies.
- Cope with the fleeting qualities of atmosphere and light by establishing a value plan early and sticking with it.
- Incorporate impressionistic touches of broken color to give your landscape a depth and vibrancy that enhances its realism.
- Approach painting as a layering and corrective process that encourages non-formulaic solutions.
Stimulating warm-up exercises in the studio prepare you for your adventures outside, while eight step-by-step demonstrations show you how to put these methods into action. Throughout, Macpherson's own light-filled landscapes illustrate the power of these techniques.
Full of fresh air and fresh art, Landscape Painting Inside and Out will guide and encourage beginners while challenging more accomplished artists to bring greater vitality and a more natural, less formulaic finish to their paintings.
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Kevin Macpherson is a highly respected artist of oil paintings and a sought after workshop instructor. A founding member and past president of the Plein Air Painters of America, his work is seen regularly in art magazines including The Artist's Magazine , American Artist and International Artist.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
A great resource, especially if you are new to painting. Takes you from start to finish in the whole creative process.From brush and paint selection to how to sign your name when finished. I have been a fan of Kevins for sometime and this book really gets inside his whole creative process.I highly recommend this book.