Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Language, Bananas and Bonobos: Linguistic Problems, Puzzles and Polemics / Edition 1 available in Paperback
Language, Bananas, and Bonobos presents a series of engaging reflections on concerns such as our knowledge and use of language, political correctness, and the linguistic abilities of chimpanzees. In doing so, this volume provides new insights into linguistics that are of universal interest.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.55(h) x 0.46(d)|
Table of Contents
1. How to be the Center of the Universe.
Part I: Problems:.
3. Putting a Banana in Your Ear.
4. A Fragment of Genius.
5. Colourful Language.
6. The Structure of Noise.
Part II: Puzzles:.
10. Acquired Whining.
12. The Golem.
Part III: Polemics:.
15. Whales, Sunflowers and the Evolution of Language.
16. Jackdaws, Sex and Language Acquisition.
17. Does Chomsky Exist?.
18. Relentless Jollity, Inexorable Logic and the Nature of Mind.
19. Structural Eccentricities.
20. The Velarity of Linguists.