Language Disorders and Language Development / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Language Disorders and Language Development presents the most comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of language disorders in children. The text describes both normal and deviant language development, along with assessment and intervention procedures. It is a revision and expansion of portions of Lois Bloom and Margaret Lahey's classic text, Language Development and Language Disorders.
- The text presents a concise summary of current information on language development from infancy through the development of narrative skills in children. Comprehensive chapters are devoted to information on processing skills, including central auditory processing, and subcategories of language- disordered children. The usefulness of the information in these chapters is given in terms of educational management and shows how it is relative to furthering understanding of language disorders.
|Product dimensions:||7.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
Table of Contents
1. What is Language?
2. What is a Language Disorder?
3. Incidence, Prognosis and Orientations to Language Disorders.
4. A Categorical Orientation: Clinical Syndromes Associated with Childhood Language Disorders.
5. The Language Disordered Child Viewed from a Specific Abilities Orientation.
6. Describing Deviant Language.
7. Identifying Children with a Language Disorder.
8. A Plan for Language Learning; Assumptions and Alternatives for Goals of Content/Form/Use.
9. Language Development Applied to Goals of Language Learning: Precursory Goals Through Phase 3.
10. Language Development Applied to Goals of Language Learning: Phases 4 through 8.
11. Language Development Applied to Goals of Language Learning; Into the School Years.
12. Procedures for Determining Goals of Language Learning From Low Structured Observations.
13. Determining Goals of Language Learning From Elicited Information.
14. General Considerations of Language Intervention.
15. Facilitating the Induction of Form/Content and Use Interactions.
Appendix A. Conventions for Transcription of Child Language Recordings.
Appendix B. Conventions for Transcribing Video Recorded Data.
Appendix C. Definitions of Content Categories.
Appendix D. Instruments that Assess Language and Language-Related Behaviors.
Appendix E. Alternative Plans for Language Learning.
Appendix F. Forms for Language Analysis.
Appendix G. Computer Software Available for Language Assessment and Intervention.