A recipebased book to help you efficiently create amazing PHPbased applications with Laravel 5.x
About This Book
- Leverage the amazing new features of Laravel 5.x to create cuttingedge responsive PHP applications.
- Create apps with interoperability features and extend these features to your existing applications as well.
- Over 60 recipes that combine tried and tested Laravel tips for getting your app working.
Who This Book Is For
The ideal target audience for this book is PHP developers who have some basic PHP programming knowledge. No previous experience with Laravel is required for this book.
What You Will Learn
- Optimize Your Gulp and Elixir Workflow
- Use Travis to run tests with every push
- Build and test your viewbased route in PHPUnit
- Explore workflows for migrations and seeding
- Implement Angular in your Laravel applications
- Set up a user authentication system
- Integrate the new Billing library and Stripe in your Laravel application
- Use the Artisan commandline tool
- Test your App in Production with Behat
Laravel is a prominent member of a new generation of web frameworks. It is one of the most popular PHP frameworks and is also free and an open source. Laravel 5 is a substantial upgrade with a lot of new toys, at the same time retaining the features that made Laravel wildly successful. It comes with plenty of architectural as well as designbased changes.
The book is a blend of numerous recipes that will give you all the necessary tips you need to build an application. It starts with basic installation and configuration tasks and will get you upandrunning in no time. You will learn to create and customize your PHP app and tweak and redesign your existing apps for better performance. You will learn to implement practical recipes to utilize Laravel’s modular structure, the latest method injection, route caching, and interfacing techniques to create responsive modernday PHP apps that stand on their own against other apps. Efficient testing and deploying techniques will make you more confident with your Laravel skills as you move ahead with this book.
Towards the end of the book, you will understand a number of addons and new features essential to finalize your application to make it ready for subscriptions. You will be empowered to get your application out to the world.
Style and approach
This book will have a practical recipebased approach with dedicated recipes on your daily Laravel tasks (as well as on more advanced issues) that will help you become a pro with Laravel 5.x
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.82(d)|
About the Author
Alfred Nutile is an Enterprise Architect and Laravel lead based in Western Massachusetts. He's been working in the industry since the mid 90's. He started in PHP and MySQL back around that time and has worked with Ruby on Rails, Drupal, and Angular along the way. He introduced Laravel into an enterprise web stack, where he is currently contracted at, as Laravel proved itself as an amazing framework to build API's and Angular heavy application.
You can read more about him and checkout his blog at http://www.alfrednutile.info/ or follow him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/alnutile
Make sure to checkout the discount LaraCasts is offering those who buy the book!
Get a coupon for 50% on your first bill. Make it a yearly subscription and save $43!
Coupon Code: LaracastsLovesPackt