Leadership and Management in Nursing / Edition 1 available in Paperback
This is a comprehensive resource on leadership and management specific to nursing professionals.
Topics include details of the leadership and management skills need to perform professionally in today's nursing profession. Included are modules of "content chunks" to assist in streamlining the material. Activities interwoven within the chapters and on the corresponding website encourage further research and critical thinking. Also found on the website are: video and audio examples and exercises, log on (internet-based exercises with student searching a particular topic); working together- team-based exercises, case applications and in the news - thinking about the future activities.
Nursing Professionals and Nursing Students.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents
SECTION I. LEADERSHIP AND PLANNING.
2. Change in Decision-Making in Organizations.
3. Keys to Working with Others: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Negotiation.
4. Effective Communication and Working Relationships.
SECTION II. DELIVERY SYSTEMS/NURSING MODELS.
5. Organizational Structure of Effective Care Delivery.
6. Acute Care Organizations.
7. Teamwork and Motivation.
9. Tools to Manage and Evaluate Patient Care.
SECTION III. LEGISLATION/REGULATION POLICY.
10. Health Care Policy, Legal, and Ethical Issues in Health Care Delivery.
11. Consumers and their Health Care.
SECTION IV. RECRUITMENT/RETENTION.
12. Recruitment and Retention: Meeting Staffing Requirements.
SECTION V. PROFESSIONAL/NURSING CULTURE.
13. Keys to Professional Success.
SECTION VI. ECONOMIC VALUE.
14. Health Care Financial Issues.
15. Technology and Healthcare.
SECTION VII. WORK ENVIRONMENT.
16. Quality Improvement and Safety in Health Care.
17. Pulling It All Together: The Culture of the Organization.
SECTION VIII. DIVERSITY.
18. Diversity in Health Care Organizations.