Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management: The 10-Step Solution Process / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Capitalize on a Powerful, 10-Step Improvement Process to Identify and Solve Supply Chain Problems in Industrial Organizations!
Six Sigma practitioners and industrial managers who want to improve supply chain effectiveness in their organizations now have a powerful new weapon to add to their arsenal!
Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management offers a unique 10-step improvement process for identifying and solving the root causes of supply chain problems in everyday operations.
Written by Master Black Belt James William Martin, this proven management tool combines key aspects of Lean Manufacturing (from the Toyota Production System) and Six Sigma management principles in order to create a Lean Six Sigma approach that can dramatically improve supply chain function.
Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management contains specific information for developing inventory models, metrics for aligning objectives with strategic goals, a concise overview of supply chain concepts, and models illustrating how lead time and demand impact customer service and inventory investment levels. This vital resource features:
- A complete program for Lean Six Sigma improvement and control
- The latest Lean Six Sigma methods to identify and manage supply chains
- Expert help with Lean Six Sigma supply chains and third party logistics
- Applications of Lean Six Sigma to MARTINI
- Guidance on root-cause analysis using Six Sigma tools
Designed to help Six Sigma professionals and frontline managers achieve higher levels of competitiveness, Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management provides the guidelines, tools, and techniques required to eliminate supply chain problems and boost company performance.
FROM THE FLAPS
- Manage Lean Six Sigma Supply Chains and Third Party Logistics
- Perform Root-Cause Analysis Using Six Sigma Tools with Operations
- Implement Lean Six Sigma Improvement and Control
- Put the 10-Step Solution Process into Practice
Six Sigma professionals and industrial managers will benefit from a wealth of guidance for developing inventory models, metrics for aligning objectives with specific goals, and concise explanations of supply chain concepts. They will also find an extensive glossary with definitions of the full range of Lean Six Sigma technical terms.
Filled with 190 detailed illustrations, this all-in-one resource includes supplemental information on cash investment, profit and loss, inventory turns, on-time delivery, forecasting accuracy, lead time, unplanned orders, schedule changes, overdue backlog, data accuracy, material availability, excess/obsolete inventory, and other topics relating to effective supply chain operations.
Brilliantly combining key aspects of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management now provides the tools and techniques needed to identify and manage supply chain improvement projects, increase efficiency, and protect the bottom line.
Over the past two decades, American industrial organizations have embraced a wide variety of management programs that they hope will enhance competitiveness. Currently, two of the most popular and promising programs are Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management offers Six Sigma practitioners and managers a powerful, 10-step solution process for identifying and solving the root causes of supply chain problems in industrial organizations and thus increasing profitability.
Written by a Master Black Belt and Six Sigma consultant, this unique productivity tool brings together the tenets of Lean Manufacturing operations (from the Toyota Production System) and Six Sigma management principles, showing professionals step by step how to apply Lean Six Sigma to supply chain management.
The 10-step solution process presented in Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management will enable readers to:
- Use Lean Six Sigma Methods to Identify and Manage Supply
- Master Lean Concepts in Order to Simplify Processes
- Discover How Demand Management Impacts Inventory Investment
- Learn How Reducing Lead Time Impacts Inventory Investment
- Apply Lean Six Sigma to MRPII/Material Requirements Planning
- Utilize Inventory Models to Identify Lean Six Sigma Projects
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.40(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.29(d)|