- Pub. Date:
- Packt Publishing
- Understand common data structures and the associated algorithms, as well as the context in which they are used.
- All concepts are explained in an easy way, followed by examples.
- Declare, initialize, add, and remove items from arrays, stacks, and queues
- Get the knack of using algorithms such as DFS (Depth-first Search) and BFS (Breadth-First Search) for the most complex data structures
- Harness the power of creating linked lists, doubly linked lists, and circular linked lists
- Store unique elements with hash tables, dictionaries, and sets
- Use binary trees and binary search trees
- Sort data structures using a range of algorithms such as bubble sort, insertion sort, and quick sort
Toward the end of the book, you'll discover how all the theories presented by this book can be applied in real-world solutions while working on your own computer networks and Facebook searches.Style and approach
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.66(d)|
About the Author
Loiane Groner has over 10 years of experience in developing enterprise applications. She has worked at multinational companies, such as IBM, and nowadays she works as Software Development Manager at a financial institution, where she manages overseas solutions. Her areas of expertise include Java, Sencha technologies (Ext JS), and hybrid mobile development with PhoneGap and Ionic.
She is passionate about technology, and she has dedicated herself to spreading knowledge in the software development community through her blog http://loiane.com, as guest speaker in IT conferences, and also as guest professor in university extension courses.
While at university, she worked as teacher's assistant for 2 years for the Algorithms, Data Structures, and Computing Theory classes. She represented her university at the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest - Brazilian Finals (South America Regionals) and also worked as Student Delegate of SBC (Brazilian Computing Society). She won a merit award in her Senior year for being one of top three students with better GPAs in the Computer Science department and has also graduated with honors.
If you want to keep in touch, you can find Loiane on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/loianegroner), Twitter (@loiane), and also on Github (https://github.com/loiane).