Leverage the power of the allnew Tableau 10 to design rich data visualizations and fully interactive dashboards that help you see and understand your data
About This Book
- Your goto guide to build rich data visualizations and interactive dashboards with the marketleading business intelligence solution Tableau!
- Know how to use the best tool on the market for enterprise data visualizations
- Extend the value and functionality of your data with this stepbystep guide
- Analyze and display your data effectively using Tableau
Who This Book Is For
This book is for anyone who needs to understand their data—whether you’ve been using Tableau for years or are just beginning. Experience with databases would be useful but is not required.
What you will learn
- Get a foundational understanding of the Tableau paradigm
- Leverage the features of Tableau to get a deep understanding and develop your decision making skills
- Build up your skills through practical examples and advanced techniques
- Master the tools you need to overcome challenges presented by data structure and quality
- Conduct effective visual analysis to build dashboards that are beautiful and useful
- Find out how to connect to data
- Create effective data visualizations, and build fully interactive dashboards
Tableau is the leading solution in the enterprise market for data visualization. It provides a wide range of options for data analysis and visualization charts, tables, dashboards, maps, and more. This book will not only introduce you to Tableau, but will also equip you with all the information required to create highly customized and interactive visualizations with Tableau. We will introduce you to Tableau and will teach you through practical examples, how you can use it to create business intelligence and make informed decisions.
We start by quickly showing you what is Tableau and then directly dive into creating visualizations with it. After that, you’ll learn how to work with data in different formats and prepare the data for Tableau. You’ll find out how to create various advanced visualizations and perform calculations on your data with Tableau. We’ll also teach you how to analyze data and further customize your dashboards and visualizations.
At the end of the book, you will see how to share the visualizations created, enabling you to share your findings with peers and decision makers.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.88(d)|
About the Author
Joshua Milligan has been with Teknion Data Solutions since 2004 and currently serves as a principal consultant. With a strong background in software development and custom .NET solutions, he brings a blend of analytical and creative thinking to BI solutions, data visualization, and data storytelling. His years of consulting have given Joshua hands-on experience with all aspects of the BI development cycle from data modeling, ETL, enterprise deployment, data visualization, and dashboard design. He has worked with clients in numerous industries including financial, healthcare, marketing, government, and services.
In 2014 and again in 2015, Joshua was named Tableau Zen Master, the highest recognition of excellence from Tableau Software. As a Tableau trainer, mentor, and leader in the online Tableau community, he is passionate about helping others gain insights from their data. He was a technical reviewer of the Tableau Data Visualization Cookbook and his work has been featured multiple times on Tableau Public’s Viz of the Day and Tableau’s website. He also shares frequent Tableau tips, tricks, and advice on his blog VizPainter.com. He is the author of Learning Tableau.