Learning Veterinary Terminology / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Elsevier Health Sciences
Newly updated to reflect the latest terminology, this best-selling text now features numerous new and revised pedagogical features that make it an excellent resource both in the classroom and for self-study. Brand-new additions include several new appendices, new anatomical drawings, and a more extensive index. Many sections have been completely rewritten for consistency and greater reader comprehension, and review sections now include more thought-provoking questions and multiple-choice tests.
• Logical organization and an extensive illustration program make it an excellent resource both in the classroom and in clinical practice.
• Integrated review sections, featuring fill-in-the-blank and matching exercises.
• Glossaries at the end of each chapter.
• Useful appendices featuring common abbreviations, veterinary specialties, and much more.
• Several new appendices devoted to terminology specific to various veterinary specialties: pathology, pharmacology, surgery, and more
• Greater attention paid to writing style throughout, resulting in a more consistent, easier-to-read text
• Complete rewrite of review sections to include critical thinking questions, as well as more multiple-choice questions
• Numerous new anatomical drawings place many terms in their proper visual perspective
• A more extensive index ensures that it can be used with confidence as a comprehensive reference on the job
• New exotics chapter
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.48(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.94(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
Table of Contents
An Introduction to Veterinary Terminology
Building a Veterinary Vocabulary
Adding to the Foundation
Completing the Foundation
Understanding the Animal Body and Its Structure
Skeletal System: The Framework of the Body
The Muscular System: The Moving Force
The Integumentary System: The Skin and its Accessory Structures
The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems: The Transports of the Body
The Genitourinary System: Animal Reproduction and the Processing of Liquid Wastes
The Endocrine System: The Chemical Stimulators
The Nervous System: The Central Processing Unit
The Special Senses: The Sources of Information
The Immune System: The Defenders of the Body
Dogs and Cats
Rodents, Rabbits, and Laboratory Animal Science