Do you find most programming books tedious and frustrating? Do you learn better when following straight-forward examples, especially when learning a new programming language?
If so, a book that focuses on developing a complete application in each chapter may be the answer to your programming woes. Through the stimulating teaching approach found in these pages, Visual Basic is illuminated for the beginning to intermediate programmer, and with the wide range of topics covered, the experienced programmer will find many useful new ideas and techniques.
The book covers all current applications including MP3, VBPaint, and more. Each chapter covers a specific application, explains the source code, and teaches the reader how to develop it. Using this valuable resource, readers will learn how to write a variety of applications and understand "how" and "why" they work.
- Focuses on developing applications that are particularly useful to beginning programmers
- Includes topics that most Visual Basic developers are interested in (e.g. Text to Speech, 3D Graphics)
- Helps readers use the knowledge they acquire to develop applications in each chapter
- Allows readers to �skip around� to the specific topics that interest them, so experienced programmers can learn how to develop a particular application such as an MP3 player
- Secondary topics include: 3D Graphics, the Internet, file formats, and compression
|Product dimensions:||7.43(w) x 9.22(h) x 1.11(d)|
Table of Contents
|VB IDE and Overview|
|Playing Multimedia Files (MIDI, WAV, AVI)|
|Developing an MP3 Player|
|Advanced Form Effects: Transparency and Rounded Forms|
|3D Graphics Using the Eldermage Shareware 6DX OCX|
|VB Paint Program|
|Word Processor: Word Spell Checker or 3rd Party Spell Shareware CX|
|Downloading Files Using FTP and HTTP|
|A Web Browser|
|Zip and Unzip Using Freeware: DLL or Commercial OCX|
|Text to Speech Applications Using Microsoft Agent|