Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
1. The principles of emergency medicine.
2. Major trauma and multiple injuries.
3. Head injuries.
4. The neck and the back.
5. Facial injuries.
6. Injuries to the trunk.
7. The lower limb.
8. The upper limb.
9. The hand.
11. Cardiac arrest and cardiac dysrhythmias.
12. Chest pain.
13. Respiratory distress.
14. Collapse and sudden illness.
16. Abdominal pain.
17. Obstetric, gynaecological, genitourinary and perineal problems.
18. Children's problems in the emergency department.
19. The disturbed patient.
20. Medicolegal aspects of emergency medicine.
21. Small wounds and localised infections.
22. Ophthalmic, ENT and facial conditions.