"Legal Research, Analysis and Writing: An Integrated Approach" provides readers with the knowledge and tools needed to research and analyze a legal problem and to communicate the results in different types of legal memoranda by integrating the basics of legal research, legal analysis and legal writing. Numerous sample pages from legal research materials - See how research materials work./Citation Matters - Learn the basics and importance of proper citation./Utilizes an integrated approach - See the "whole picture" of legal research by learning how to find the law, how to understand and analyze it, and how to communication results./Legal Vocabulary is defined in the chapters - No need to stop and look up terms in a separate dictionary. KEY Legal secretaries and anyone who is handling his or her own lawsuit - This book leads a person through the legal process, explains legal terminology in the margins and provides practical exercises for understanding. Police officers dealing with legal issues and owners/operators of their own businesses - Legal questions often arise and this book explains how to find the answers to these questions.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.26(w) x 10.72(h) x 0.71(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Legal Research, Writing, and Analysis.
2. Before You Begin.
3. The Starting Point: Analyzing Facts and Identifying Legal Issues.
4. Finding and Analyzing Case Law.
5. How to Brief a Case.
6. Constitutions, Statutes, and Administrative Regulations.
7. Statutory and Constitutional Analysis.
9. Digests and Miscellaneous Research Tools.
10. Validating Your Research: Using Shepard’s and Other Citators.
11.Computer Assisted Legal Research.
12. How to Create Research Strategies.
13. Basic Legal Writing Tools.
14. Legal Writing: Writing to Inform.
15. Writing to the Court.
Appendix A: Research Problems.
Appendix B: Basic Citation Reference Guide.
Appendix C: Creating Research Strategies: An Overview.
Appendix D: Defendants’ joint memorandum of points and authorities.
Appendix E: Appellate Brief.