1. Introduction to Legal Research, Writing, and Analysis.
2. Before You Begin.
3. The Starting Point: Analyzing Facts and Identifying Legal Issues.
4. Finding and Analyzing Case Law.
5. How to Brief a Case.
6. Constitutions, Statutes, and Administrative Regulations.
7. Statutory and Constitutional Analysis.
9. Digests and Miscellaneous Research Tools.
10. Validating Your Research: Using Shepard’s and Other Citators.
11.Computer Assisted Legal Research.
12. How to Create Research Strategies.
13. Basic Legal Writing Tools.
14. Legal Writing: Writing to Inform.
15. Writing to the Court.
Appendix A: Research Problems.
Appendix B: Basic Citation Reference Guide.
Appendix C: Creating Research Strategies: An Overview.
Appendix D: Defendants’ joint memorandum of points and authorities.
Appendix E: Appellate Brief.