THE NEXT LEVEL IN ROBOTICS AND INTELLIGENT MACHINES!
Are you ready to step up to cutting-edge robotics? If you've built projects that combine mechanics and electronics, and now want to move to the next level of excitement in skills and plans -- exploring the hottest topics in robotics—you're ready for LEGO(r) Mindstorms(tm) Mechatronics. This reader-friendly guide provides the step-by-step guidance, the code-laden CD-ROM, and the good-humored, illustrated encouragement you need to create your own awesome robotics projects and intelligent machines.
SENSORS, SMARTS, AND ACTION
Don Wilcher makes it easy and fun to understand concepts and build projects that put the concepts to work. You get hands-on instructions for satisfying projects in mechatronics, embedded systems, object-oriented programming, and high-level electronics and robotics -- all using off-the-shelf LEGO products as starting points. LEGO(r) Mindstorms(tm) Mechatronics gives you:
* Projects that include a robotically operated LEGO camera, a robotic warning system, and numerous other mechatronics plans
* A complete set of needed programs, circuit diagrams, and diagnostic tools on the CD-ROM
* A great appendix packed with online and other embedded systems resources
INSIDE: LEADING EDGE ROBOTICS PROJECTS
* TELEROBOTICS -- Operate devices from afar with visual feedback
* SMART HAND CONTROLLERS -- Exchange tactile information with a machine
* HYBRID ROBOTS -- Combine LEGO with other kits for unique creations
* MECHATRONIC BOTS -- Make savvy machines with brains and movement
* WALKING BOTS -- Where do you want me to go today?
* AUDIO BOTS Are youtalking to me?
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Companies, The|
|Product dimensions:||7.36(w) x 9.17(h) x 1.11(d)|