This book explores, from a leisure studies perspective, the central role that leisure has to play in positive psychology, exploring themes such as flow, fulfilment, altruism, well-being, and interpersonal relationships.
|Publisher:||Palgrave Macmillan UK|
|Edition description:||1st ed. 2015|
|Product dimensions:||5.60(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Robert A. Stebbins is Professor Emeritus at the University of Calgary, Canada. His research and theoretic interests lie in work, leisure, and volunteering. His most recent books include Careers in Serious Leisure (2014) and The Idea of Leisure (2012).
Table of Contents
1. The Serious Leisure Perspective
2. Positiveness in the Serious Pursuits
3. Interpersonal Relationships
4. Contemplation and Spirituality.
6. Contributions to Community and Organization
7. Quality of Life and Well-Being
8. Casual and Project-Based Leisure
9. Play and Creativity