A comprehensive look at this revolutionary method of neurofeedback
LENS: The Low Energy Neurofeedback System examines the research, development, and clinical applications of the revolutionary LENS method of brain wave feedback. This practical book provides a foundation for clinicians to learn about this groundbreaking medical advancement, which has been used with a wide range of conditions. The book illustrates the results of the use of LENS in more than 100 cases, as well as applications with brain-based problems in animals.
LENS: The Low Energy Neurofeedback System is a comprehensive overview of the history and evolution of clinical use of this innovative approach. One of the unique features of LENS is that it can not only be used with adults and children, but it can also be used with small children and more seriously disabled individuals who lack the impulse control, attention, or stamina to concentrate for the more extended periods of time required in traditional neurofeedback. The book presents an outcome study on 100 cases where LENS was successfully applied to a wide range of clinical symptoms, as well as case studies on the use of LENS with neurodevelopmental and learning disabilities.
LENS: The Low Energy Neurofeedback System details the application of LENS in the clinical treatment of:
- head injuries
- learning disabilities
- anger and explosiveness
- developmental disorders
- and much more
LENS: The Low Energy Neurofeedback System is an essential professional resource for psychologists, social workers, licensed counselors, and biofeedback professionals.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||4 MB|
Table of Contents
- Preface (Tim Tinius)
- Introduction (D. Corydon Hammond)
- The Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS): Theory, Background, and Introduction (Len Ochs)
- Treatment of Fibromyalgia Syndrome Using Low-Intensity Neurofeedback with the Flexyx Neurotherapy System: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial (Howard M. Kravitz, Mary Lee Esty, Robert S. Katz, and Jan Fawcett)
- Comment on the Treatment of Fibromyalgia Syndrome Using Low- Intensity Neurofeedback with the Flexyx Neurotherapy System: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial, or How to Go Crazy Over Nearly Nothing (Len Ochs)
- Reflections on FMS Treatment, Research, and Neurotherapy: Cautionary Tales (Mary Lee Esty)
- The LENS (Low Energy Neurofeedback System): A Clinical Outcomes Study on One Hundred Patients at Stone Mountain Center, New York (Stephen Larsen, Kristen Harrington, and Susan Hicks)
- Effective Use of LENS Unit as an Adjunct to Cognitive Neuro-Developmental Training (Curtis T Cripe)
- The LENS Neurofeedback with Animals (Stephen Larsen, Robin Larsen, D. Corydon Hammond, Stephen Sheppard, Len Ochs, Sloan Johnson, Carla Adinaro, and Carrie Chapman)
- Reference Notes Included