Level 3 Sight Words: 61 First Grade Flash Cards (aka Dolch Words or High Frequency Words) by Chris DiPaolo
Sight words can be known by many names including high-frequency words, Dolch words, Fry words, instant words or even Star words. This list includes 41 of the most common sight words first graders need to know, plus 20 common sight nouns.
These flash cards have been designed to make it fun and easy to practice reading with your child:
- Words are Ordered by Frequency - This makes it easy for your child to quickly grow a useful sight word vocabulary!
- Small Groups of Words Make Learning Easy - To make sure your child isn't overwhelmed, the words are listed in groups of ten. This means that your child can master one group before moving on to the next.
- Skip Around Feature! - To keep your little one on his or her toes, each flash card has links to allow you to skip around to other words in that group.
- Easy to Read, Large Font - All the flashcards use a serif font - the same easy to read font style used by most books, magazines and newspapers!
- Group 1: of, his, had, him, her, some, as, then, could, when
- Group 2: were them, ask, an, over, just, from, any, how, know
- Group 3: put, take, every, old, by, after, think, let, going, walk
- Group 4: again, may, stop, fly, round, give, once, open, has, live, thank
- Group 5: back, cake, corn, farm, farmer, fire, flower, game, grass, home
- Group 6: milk, name, robin, school, sheep, street, thing, time, water, wind