Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
For 25 years, Lewis's Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has been the cornerstone of every child and adolescent psychiatrist’s library. Now, three colleagues of Dr. Lewis at the world-renowned Yale Child Study Center, have substantially updated and revised this foundational textbook for its long-awaited fifth edition, the first in ten years. Encyclopedic in scope, it continues to serve as a broad reference, deftly encompassing and integrating scientific principles, research methodologies, and everyday clinical care. Feautres:
- Ideal for anyone involved in the study or practice of child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Includes new content on Research Domain Criteria (RDoC) approach advanced by the National Institute of Mental Health.
- Section on telepsychiatry has been expanded, and psychopharmacology content has been updated and re-organized into five distinct yet linked components.
- Chapters cover ethics, research methodologies, treating diverse populations, evidence-based practice, common disorders and syndromes, treatment options, legal issues, and more.
- All royalties from the sale of the book will go to the Break the Cycle initiative of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks.
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design.
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click.
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.60(d)|
Table of Contents
AN APPROACH TO THE DISCIPLINE: The Art of the Science: A Child, Family and Systems-Centered Approach / Prevailing and Shifting Paradigms: A Historical Perspective / Ethics / Education and Training / Child and Family Policy / Money Matters: Funding Care Diverse Populations:
- Cultural Child and Adolescent/ The Hearing or Visually Impaired
- Understanding Research Methods and Statistics / Evidence-Based Practice / Respect for Children
- From Genes to Brain/ Assessing Risk Molecular Basis of Select Childhood
- Neuroimaging Methods in the Study of Childhood Psychiatric Disorders /Neurochemistry,Harmacodynamics,and Biological Psychiatry
- NORMAL DEVELOPMENT
A DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK:
- The Infant and Toddler / The Preschool child/ Development of School-Age Children / Adolescence / Developmental Psychopathology
NOSOLOGY, CLASSIFICATION, AND DIAGNOSTIC ASSESSMENT
- Clinical Assessment of Infants and Toddlers/ Clinical Assessment of Children and Adolescents
SPECIFIC DISORDERS AND SYNDROMES
- Autism and the Persuasive Developmental Disorders/ Suicidal Behavior in Children and Adolescents Causes and Management
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder/ Trichotillomania /Tic Disorders
- Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa / Obesity / Sleep Disorders / Somatoform Disorders / Delirium and Catatonia/ Elimination Disorders: Enuresis andEncopresis / Gender Identity Disorders / Personality Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Child Abuse and Neglect /Posttraumatic Stress Disorder / Reactive Attachment Disorder
PEDIATRIC PSYCHOOPHARMACOLOGY PSYCHOTHERAPIES THE CONTINUUM OF CARE AND LOCATION-SPECIFIC INTERVENTIONS
INTERFACE AREAS OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY
- The Consultation and Liaison Processes to Pediatrics/ Mental Health Issues in the Medically Ill Child or Adolescent
- The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in Court/ Divorce and Child Custody