The Indus River Valley was once home
to thriving communities of peoples who worked the land now known as Pakistan. Some of the world’s oldest civilizations, including the Harappans and the Maurya and Gupta empires, grew in this fertile region. This beautiful new book beautifully documents the lives of these remarkable people from long ago.
• farming innovations that helped support larger populations
• the arrival of Hinduism and Buddhism
• daily life in a Harappan village
• the development of the caste system
• early language and writing
• the arrival of the White Huns
Teacher’s guide available.
|Publisher:||Crabtree Publishing Company|
|Series:||Crabtree Peoples of the Ancient World Series|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.16(d)|
|Lexile:||IG1010L (what's this?)|
|Age Range:||8 - 12 Years|