In this profound epistle, Paul explores all the wrong directions and takes us to the only right one. The wrong solutions are pleasure and pride, and the correct solution is Christ Jesus. Join beloved author Max Lucado as he dives into the book of Romans to consider in Paul's words everything from practical instruction for a growing church to the very core of the Christian faith.
As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Romans, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- All people are in need of a relationship with God.
- God has prepared for that relationship through his own sacrifice.
- Faith is the requirement of that relationship.
- Forgiveness is available from God for anyone.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
About the Author
Visit his website at Max Lucado.com
Youtube.com/Max Lucado Official
The Max Lucado Encouraging Word Podcast
Table of Contents
How to Study the Bible v
Introduction to the Book of Romans ix
Lesson 1 Right with God (Romans 1:16-32) 1
Lesson 2 Knowing Christ (Romans 2:1-16) 11
Lesson 3 A Priceless Gift (Romans 3:21-31) 19
Lesson 4 The Faith of Abraham (Romans 4:13-25) 27
Lesson 5 Victory Over Sin (Romans 6:15-23) 35
Lesson 6 Not Guilty (Romans 8:1-17) 43
Lesson 7 God's Perfect Plan (Romans 10:1-15) 53
Lesson 8 Called by God (Romans 11:1-15) 61
Lesson 9 One Body, Many Parts (Romans 12:1-13) 71
Lesson 10 True Love (Romans 13:8-14) 81
Lesson 11 Supporting One Another (Romans 14:13-23) 89
Lesson 12 Let It Shine (Romans 15:14-21) 97
Leader's Guide for Small Groups 105