Life with Siri – 2nd Edition (2012) - $1.99
Siri is the unique iPhone 4S “personal assistant” with amazing understanding of natural, informal conversation. Siri perceives what you want much better than any non-human device has ever done before. Your grammar can be totally deficient, but Siri will almost always understand what you mean!
Now, LIFE WITH SIRI provides you with an awesome guide to getting the most fun and usefulness from Siri. This new 134-page 2nd Edition (published in January 2012) includes:
- More than 50 screenshots of the questions that evoke the FUNNIEST SIRI ANSWERS
- More than 50 screenshots of the BEST SIRI TIPS, including how to have Siri communicate with Twitter and Facebook
- A comprehensive guide to SIRI PUNCTUATION COMMANDS
- A comprehensive list of ALL THE THINGS SIRI CAN DO FOR YOU
Author Jodi Dery expresses great pride in this new eBook. She says, “We feel that presenting Siri’s responses in this illustrative manner -- with maximum use of screenshots and no more text than necessary -- will help people remember the best way to talk to Siri and get the results you want.” In fact, this eBook has many more screenshots, with less text to plow through, than any other eBook about communicating with Siri.
Yes, Siri is the new girl in town. She’s a dynamo. She’s also a comedienne. Siri’s hilarious responses continue to surprise people and make them laugh. For example, when someone asks Siri “where do babies come from” she usually responds with, “I found some baby stores three blocks down the road.” Then knowing your location, she lists the names and addresses of those stores.
Siri's answers to “What is the meaning of life” are choice. She might respond with, “I find it odd that you would ask this of an inanimate object” or any one of 10 other funny responses to this seminal question. This unique eBook also contains screenshots of more than 50 questions you can ask her to evoke funny answers and entertain your friends.
But Siri is not just a barrel of fun. She’s full of smarts. Siri can do all of these things and more for you:
- Communicate with Twitter and Facebook
- Tell you exactly where one of your friends is at this moment
- Address you by whatever name you choose. (including any wild nickname).
- Add appointments and events to your calendar.
- Remind you of anything at any time you specify.
- Transcribe spoken notes to written reminders.
- Transcribe spoken messages into text messages or email.
- Tell you exactly where you are, based on the built-in GPS.
- Find nearby taxi services and call you a taxi.
- Sound an alarm at any time you specify.
- Initiate a voice or video phone call.
- Find the nearest gas station or any other type of business.
- Find well-rated nearby restaurants for any cuisine you prefer.
- Control your music player by your voice commands.
- Start playing whatever music on your playlist that you ask for.
- Add and remove items from your shopping list.
- Calculate any spoken numbers and do all kinds of conversions.
- Tell you when the sunrise, sunset or moonrise is due on any day.
- Check your emails and read them to you.
- Give you the current weather or forecast for any city in the world.
- Give you the current outside temperature and wind conditions.
- Tell you how the stock market is doing today.
- Tell you the current trading price for any American stock or commodities.
- Tell you what the local time is anywhere in the world.
- Function as an accurate count-down or count-up timer.
- Tell you where a particular movie is playing locally.
- Tell you the date and/or day that a particular holiday will fall on in any year.
- Remind you when you have to be somewhere.
- Allow you to add precise punctuation with voice commands.
- Invite or inform multiple people of anything.
- Tell you the correct relationship of a relative
- Tell you the flight numbers and paths of planes you see in the sky
- Identify the constellations that are visible tonight
- Locate any information from the Internet, Wikipedia or WolframAlpha
- And many, many other useful things illustrated in the Life with Siri eBook
If you are interested in only THE 50 BEST SIRI TIPS or only THE 50 FUNNIEST SIRI ANSWERS, separate eBooks with just those sections are now available for only $.99 each.
But, the complete LIFE WITH SIRI eBook is the best value. It contains screenshots for all of those Tips and Answers, plus two Bonus sections, and it is now available for only $1.99. A truly great value.
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
An excellent, comprehensive guide to both having fun with Siri and using Siri most effectively.