In the spirit of the author’s Basic Language of Mathematics, this companion volume is a careful exposition of the concepts and processes of Linear Algebra. It stresses cautious and clear explanations, avoiding reliance on co–ordinates as much as possible, and with special, but not exclusive, attention to the finite–dimensional situation. It is intended to also serve as a conceptual and technical background for use in geometry and analysis as well as other applications.Contents:
- Linear Spaces and Linear Mappings
- Properties of Linear Mappings
- Linear Products and Coproducts
- Families in Linear Spaces
- Finite Dimension
- Duality and Finite Dimension
Readership: Undergraduate and graduate students in mathematics; Mathematicians in algebra.