With the most geometric presentation now available, this reference emphasizes linear transformations as a unifying theme, and enables users to "do" both computational and abstract math in each chapter. A second theme is introduced half way through the textwhen eigenvectors are reachedon dynamical systems. It also includes a wider range of problem sets than found in any other book in this market. Chapter topics include systems of linear equations; linear transformations; subspaces of R
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
Table of Contents1. Systems of Linear Equations.
2. Linear Transformations.
3. Subspaces of R^n and Their Dimension.
4. Linear Spaces.
5. Orthogonality and Least Squares.
7. Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
8. Symmetric Matrices and Quadratic Forms.
9. Linear Differential Equations.