We’re pleased to introduce the fourth edition of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' Clinical Medical Assisting, the medical assisting text designed to be the go-to resource for medical assisiting programs that address clinical skills separately from administrative. This dynamic package represents more than just a textbook, instead providing a suite of learning resources. This is the one text aimed at making sure that every graduate can quickly change their cap and gown for a set of scrubs and immediately be a vital member of the medical office. We do this by:
- Providing the content in an engaging style that speaks to students.
- Putting pedagogy to work in the text through key features like patient education boxes, competency checklists, procedure boxes, and more.
- Constantly reinforcing the learning through additional online ancillaries such as videos, animations, and ESL resources.
- Helping instructors lessen planning time, with robust ancillary resources.
|Publisher:||Lippincott Williams & Wilkins|
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.50(d)|
Table of Contents
Fundamentals of Clinical Medical Assisting
- Nutrition and Wellness
- Medical Asepsis and Infection Control
- Medical History and Patient Assessment
- Anthropometric Measurements and Vital Signs
- Assisting with the Physical Examination
- Sterilization and Surgical Instruments
- Assisting with Minor Office Surgery Pharmacology
- Preparing and Administering Medications
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Medical Office Emergencies
- Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fundamentals of Laboratory Procedures
- Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
- CLIA Compliance and Laboratory Safety
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Clinical Chemistry
Clinical Duties Related to Medical Specialties
THE CLINICAL LABORATORY