Literature for Children: A Short Introduction / Edition 7 available in Paperback
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
David L. Russell has taught children’s literature courses at Ferris State University in Michigan for over 30 years. He is the author of Patricia MacLachlan and Scott O’Dell, both Twayne critical biographies, as well as numerous scholarly articles in various journals. A member of the Children’s Literature Association, for which he served as Treasurer and Publications Chair for several years, he is currently co-editor of The Lion and the Unicorn, one of the premier professional journals in the field of children’s literature.
Table of Contents
I. THE CONTEXTS OF CHILDREN'S LITERATURE.
1. The History of Children's Literature.
2. Child Development and Literature.
3. Cultural and Social Diversity.
4. Understanding Literature.
5. Responding to Literature.
II. THE KINDS OF CHILDREN'S LITERATURE.
6. Books for the Very Young.
7. Picture Storybooks.
8. Folk Literature.
11. Contemporary and Historical Realism.
13. Informational Books.
Appendix: Children's Book Awards.