Literature for Young Children / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Prentice Hall
This broad introduction to early childhood literature focuses on literacy analysis and on specific techniques and methods of effective literature-based education. Updates references of children's books that readers can use as examples of quality literature. Strengthens coverage of several areas including nonfiction, multicultural/international literature, and the use of literature in integrated teaching for the primary grades. For educators and school administrators.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.32(w) x 9.27(h) x 0.61(d)|
Table of Contents1. Defining Literature for Children.
2. Evaluating Literature for Children.
3. Sharing Literature.
4. The Literature Curriculum.
5. Supporting Children's Language Development.
6. Supporting Children's Intellectual Development.
7. Supporting Children's Personality Development.
8. Supporting Children's Social and Moral Development.
9. Supporting Children's Aesthetic and Creative Development.
10. Planning Your Program.
About the Author.