Filled with tons of the best of everything -- The Little Big Book of Love is the most adorable, chunky valentine ever.
There have been many successful love anthologies before this one, but none so complete, timeless, and delightful, and none in such a beautifully designed format. This great little fat love anthology is chock-full of stories, poems, songs, Biblical verse, letters and the best recipes ever including:
- Poetry of William Shakespeare, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Christopher Marlowe, William Butler Yeats, John Keats, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, T.S. Eliot. E.E. Cummings, William Carlos Williams, Nikki Giovanni, Billy Collins and many, many more!
- Excerpts and stories from writers including Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Henry James, D.H. Lawrence, Gustave Flaubert, and James Joyce
- Observations on love, from Robert Louis Stevenson, Charles Darwin
- Love letters from famous historical figures such as Winston Churchill, William and Mary Wordsworth, John and Abigail Adams, Queen Victoria, Oscar Wilde, Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre... as well as many more lesser-known but equally passionate, entertaining, eloquent declarations.
- Love songs like Always, As Time Goes By, Fools Rush In, My Funny Valentine, I Get A Kick Out Of You, and You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To
- The BEST romantic recipes, with His and Her aphrodisiac dinner menus, A Forgiveness Breakfast, Cookie Valentines, A heart-shaped Strawberry-Meringue Shortcake, and Rose Petal Jam
Designed by Tim Shaner and lavishly illustrated throughout with nineteenth and early twentieth century illustrations, this charming book will reconfirm the simplicity, directness and importance of love.
About the Author:
Lena Tabori is the co-founder of Stewart, Tabori and Chang and publisher, director, and founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc. She lives in New York and San Francisco.
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 6.70(h) x 1.70(d)|
About the Author
is publisher, director, and founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc., a publishing and packaging company based in New York and San Francisco.
She has spent her professional life in publishing, beginning at Harry N. Abrams in 1967, which she later left to create Welcome and to
& Chang, a publishing company. Love is an enduring subject for Tabori,
Kisses, published by Turner Publishing, in 1991,
A Celebration in Art and Literature with Jane
lives in San Francisco and New York City with her
Fried is managing editor at Welcome Enterprises. She was formerly an associate producer
the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour and
Fox News Channel.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I could not put it down. Read it together.
This book is very adorable. Nice vintage pictures, very colorful and full of many great love letters, diary entries, etc. Great for V-day!
This is a compilation of poems, classic excerpts from plays and stories, words from popular songs, sweet tasting recipes, love letters, short-short stories, and illustrations that focus on love as a theme. The poets, storytellers, and playwrights represent a who¿s who of English literature to include Shakespeare (his sonnets), Twain, Joyce, Dumas, and Angelou among other notables. The love letters include Churchill, Napoleon, Darwin (an extract from his famous Journal), and Kafka, etc. The songs are older classics. The collection is fun, well designed, and can be leisurely read in no particular order as desired by the reader. Cupid struck pay dirt with this wonderful collection that will brighten up anyone¿s day. THE LITTLE BIG BOOK OF LOVE makes a wonderful unique Valentine¿s Day present that will not lie on a coffee table, as the recipient will relish the wide variety of tributes to the power of love. Harriet Klausner