Are you worried that we're killing our home, the Earth? You should be!
In this uncompromising book you'll discover countless facts that the government and mass media sweep under the rug:
- If everyone lived as we do in the U.S., it would take four earths to support us
- Three-fourths of all plant species have become extinct since 1900
- Environmental disasters have left eighty million people as refugees
- The number of people living on two dollars a day in the world has risen by 50% in the last twenty years
- Charging interest is a major contributor to inequity anomg nations and billions of people
- Genetically modified crops have farmers using more herbicides and pesticides, not less
- The top 1% of U.S. households possess more wealth than the entire bottom 95%
- Commercial banks, not the central government, create the bulk of America's currency
- The arms trade is America's most heavily subsidized industry–yet a reduction in scale would create more jobs in the next five years
Packed with informative sidebars, detailed illustrations, and clear diagrams, this book contains practical answers and ideas for saving our planet. Written in bite-size, easy to digest chapters, each one is backed up with references and sources.