Heart rhythm problems—whether slow, fast, or irregular—are very common. Some are benign while some may lead to sudden death. That got your attention, didn't it? Learn about heart rhythm management while having fun reading interesting anecdotes, corny jokes and poignant stories about this growing field in medicine.
If you or a loved one has a heart rhythm issue or you just want to learn more about this growing field, Live Better Electrically is your guide to symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options including medication, pacemakers, implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICDs), ablation, and atrial fibrillation management.
Dr. Higgins is a recognized pioneer in the field of heart rhythm treatment and cardiac electrophysiology (EP). He is also the chairman of the Department of Cardiology and director of Cardiac Electrophysiology at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, CA one of the US News Top 20 Heart Hospitals.
|Publisher:||Steven L. Higgins MD Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||7.01(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.73(d)|
Table of Contents1. Introduction
2. What is an arrhythmia?
3. Symptoms-from sudden death to none at all
4. Six steps to diagnose your heart rhythm issue
5. How to document your rhythm problem
6. How to save a life with CPR
7. Arrhythmias 101: Slow and fast
8. Risk factors
9. Diet and over-the-counter drugs
10. Finding the right doctor
11. Blood thinners and prescription medications
12. Devices 1: So you need a pacemaker
13. Devices 2: So you need a defibrillator
15. Safety and ablation
16. Atrial fibrillation
17. Heart Failure
18. Future advances-some available today
20. Additional Resources