Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Caribbean Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Swim below the waters with darting fish, wander along the sand and stop at a lazy beach bar, or hike into emerald wilderness; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Caribbean Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover Caribbean Islands:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - background on slavery and piracy, wildlife, cuisine.
- Over 30 colour maps
- Covers Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, US & British Virgin Islands, Leeward Islands, French Antilles, Windward Islands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover Caribbean Islands, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on the Caribbean Islands' most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a guide focused on only one or a few islands in this destination? Check out Lonely Planet's Jamaica, Puerto Rico & Haiti and Dominican Republic guides for a comprehensive look at all these islands have to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Jean-Bernard Carrillet, Paul Clammer, Michael Grosberg, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Polly Thomas, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Karla Zimmerman.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.