Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Paris is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Blend in with the Parisians among the chestnut groves of Jardin du Luxembourg, ride the funicular up to the white-domed majesty of the Basilique du Sacre-Coeur, or have aromantic rendezvous with French art at the Musee Rodin; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Paris and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Paris:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, architecture, politics, wine, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Paris map (included in print version), plus over 25 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Day Trips, and Family Travel
- Coverage of the Eiffel Tower, La Defense, Champs-Elysees, Grands Boulevards, Louvre, Les Halles, Montmartre, Northern Paris, Le Marais, Bastille, The Islands, Latin Quarter, St-Germain, Les Invalides, Montparnasse, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Paris, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for travellers who seek the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of the city's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Paris guide. Or check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Paris, a handy sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's France guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover France, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Catherine Le Nevez, Christopher Pitts, and Nicola Williams.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.'-- New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I love paris,but this book is crap