Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover USA's Best National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Catch the country's 'first sunrise' from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia, take the drive of your life on the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier, and climb the otherworldly rocks of Joshua Tree; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover USA's best national natural treasures and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover USA's Best National Parks:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots and being safe and responsible
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, transit tips, emergency information, park seasonality, and hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, tours, activities, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 20 park maps
- Useful features - including Detours, Family Travel, and Month-by-Month (seasonality and activities calendar)
- Coverage of Acadia, Everglades, Glacier, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains & Shenandoah, Joshua Tree & Death Valley, Olympic & Mount Rainier, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone & Grand Teton, Yosemite, Zion & Bryce Canyon, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover USA's Best National Parks, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for those seeking the most popular natural attractions the USA has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colorful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for more focused coverage on America's top four national parks? Check outLonely Planet's Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks guide, Grand Canyon National Park guide, Yosemite, Sequoia & King's Canyon National Parks guide, and Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks guide for a comprehensive look at all that each park has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Danny, Palmerlee, Glenda Bendure, Ned Friary, Adam Karlin, Emily Matchar, and Brendan Sainsbury.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet enables curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.