Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
With Lonely Planet's French Phrasebook & Audio, let no barriers - language or culture - get in your way. Our phrasebooks with audio give you a comprehensive mix of practical and social words and phrases in more than 120 languages. Chat with the locals and discover their culture - a guaranteed way to enrich your travel experience.
Ask a Parisian about their favourite cheese shop, buy overnight train tickets to Nice and make nice with the Loire Valley winemakers. With search functionality to find phrases easily, Lonely Planet's French Phrasebook & Audio caters to your on-the-road language needs.
Offering a unique mix of written and audio content, Lonely Planet's French language and audio guide includes:
- Thousands of practical and social phrases, and common Q&As, from the much-loved Phrasebook series
- A 3500-word two-way dictionary with handy hyperlinks to each letter of the alphabet
- Audio files for 400 key phrases - simply play the phrases to people if you're in a hurry, or practice on your own by listening and repeating the audio phrases
- Search functionality to find words and phrases quickly, or hyperlinks in the table of contents to help navigate your way to linguistic freedom
- Simple ways to bookmark your favourite pages and make notes en route
- Essential tips on culture, manners and more
Coverage includes: Basic language tools such as pronunciation; phrases for getting out and about, being social, food, safe travel, sustainable travel, and more; two dictionaries; audio files for 400 key phrases
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Michael Janes, Jean-Pierre Masclef and Jean-Bernard Carillet.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' -The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)