Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Greece is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Roam through the hilltop ruins of the Acropolis, climb to the monastery-capped rock pinnacles of Meteora, or ferry across to one of the breathtakingly beautiful islands; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Greece and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Greece Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine and customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 130 colour maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month by Month (annual festival calendar) and Eat Like a Local
- Coverage of Athens, Crete, Santorini, the Ionian Islands, Evia, the Sporades, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Saronic Gulf Islands, Macedonia, the Northeastern Aegean Islands, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Greece, our most comprehensive guide to Greece, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Greece? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Greece, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Athens? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Athens, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Korina Miller, Kate Armstrong, Alexis Averbuck, Michael S Clark, Chris Deliso, Victoria Kyriakopoulos, Andrea Schulte-Peevers and Richard Waters.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - The New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -Fairfax Media (Australia)