Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Hawaii the Big Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike trails through smoking craters at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, stargaze at the clear skies from Mauna Kea, and snorkel in Kealakekua Bay; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Hawaii, the Big Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Hawaii the Big Island Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, lifestyle, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 40 color maps
- Covers Kailua-Kona, Kohala, Waimea, Mauna Kea, Saddle Road, Hamakua Coast, Waipio Valley, Hilo, Puna, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Kilauea Caldera, Kau and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Hawaii the Big Island , our most comprehensive guide to Hawaii, the Big Island, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
Looking for a guide focused on Hawaii? Check out Lonely Planet Discover Hawaii, a photo-rich guide/photo-rich guides to the state's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times