Krakow, a city of proud traditions and rich history, is unveiled in this comprehensive guide by one of its own citizens. Explore labyrinthine salt mines, marvel at religious icons and relax in medieval cellar bars with this book as your indispensable companion.
- 13 detailed maps including full colour city maps
- essential information to get you around Krakow
- background to the symbolism and magic of the Wawel Castle
- maps and details of excursions to national parks
- notes on the Schindler's List movie trail
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I used this book when I spontaneously found myself on a 28 hour bus ride to Krakow....This book has everything; dining, hotels, cultural events, and historical sites. It is the best travel book to have when you travel to Krakow. It even lists what to do outside of the city; Wielyzca Salt Mines, Zakopane, and of course Auschwitz-Birkenau. Of course this is only a mere book, so you must experience firsthand the culture and atmosphere of the most beautiful city in Eastern Europe.