From its celebrated Persian palaces and turquoise-tiled mosques to its clay-baked caravanserais and exotic bazaars, Iran has long tantalised travellers fascinated by the Islamic world. Explore all of this country's secrets - and more - with this fully updated guide.
- 57 detailed maps, plus a full-colour country map
- illustrated sections on arts, carpets, Persepolis and Esfahan
- extensive historical, political and cultural notes
- the latest on border crossings, no-go areas and the best way to get around
- Farsi language chapter and script for all place names