Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Los Angeles is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See the Hollywood Sign and city lights from atop Griffith Observatory, join the human parade in funky Venice Beach, or watch surfers take to the waves in Malibu; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Los Angeles and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Los Angeles:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Los Angeles map (included in print version), plus over 15 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best with Kids, Walking Tours, and Don't Miss (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Hollywood, Griffith Park, Silver Lake, Los Feliz, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, Mid-City, Santa Monica, Venice, Downtown, Burbank, Universal City, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Long Beach, Disneyland, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Los Angeles is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travelers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colorful and easy-to-use, this neighborhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximize your quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of Southern California and Los Angeles' neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Los Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Adam Skolnick.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)