Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike to the summit of Table Mountain, enjoy the diverse wildlife at Kruger National Park, or power down in a traditionally designed rondavel; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South Africa, Lesotho, and Swaziland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 85 colour local maps
- Useful features - including Travel with Children, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Activities & Adventures
- Coverage of Cape Town, the Garden Route, Hermanus, Knysna, Durban, Maseru, KwaZulu-Natal, Free State, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Kruger National Park, Limpopo, Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Western Cape, North-West Province, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland, our most comprehensive guide to South Africa, Lesotho, and Swaziland, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Cape Town? Check out Lonely Planet's Cape Town & the Garden Route guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Southern Africa guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, James Bainbridge, Kate Armstrong, Lucy Corne, Michael Grosberg, Alan Murphy, Helen Ranger, Simon Richmond, and Tom Spurling.
About Lonely Planet: Since in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet enables curious travelers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category