Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring is your passport to having big experiences on a small budget, offering the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, what hidden discoveries await you and how to optimise your budget for an extended continental trip. Watch the sun rise over Cambodia’s temples of Angkor; hang out, hit the beach and learn to cook in Vietnam’s cosmopolitan, buzzing Hoi An; and kayak around the turquoise waters of Laos’ Si Phan Don. All with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring:
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Extensive planning tools and budget calculators
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Covers Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Singapore, Vietnam
- Useful features: First Time Southeast Asia, Big Adventures Small Budget, Off the Beaten Track, Border Crossing, Splurge, and Responsible Travel
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Southeast Asia on a shoestringis perfect for budget- and value-conscious travellers taking a big trip, and is packed with amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations.
After only a few of the destinations in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet destination guides. These are our most comprehensive titles, designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I got this ebook because i was looking to cut weight while traveling through south east asia. The content of the book is what it is. My problems is with the electronic format in 2 ways. 1. The file is so large that it constantly crashes my nook. I dont know how many times ive been sitting at a bus or train station early in the morning or late at night rebooting my nook 5 or 6 times just to get an address. Super frusterating 2. Navigation is very difficult. Travel books are constantly opened closed and written on. The e version doesnt make this easy. Also the maps are too low resolution to be useful. Number 2 would be bearable if there wasnt the crashing problem. Please note my rating is only for the electronic format