The American classic—as you’ve never experienced it before. This multimedia edition, edited by William Davies King, offers an interactive guide to O’Neill’s masterpiece.
- Hear rare archival recordings of Eugene O’Neill reading key scenes.
- Discover O’Neill’s creative process through the tiny pencil notes in his original manuscripts and outlines.
- Watch actors wrestle with the play in exclusive rehearsal footage.
- Experience clips from a full production of the play.
- Tour Monte Cristo Cottage, the site of the events in Long Day’s Journey Into Night, and Tao House, where the play was written.
- Delve into O’Neill’s world through photographs, letters, and diary entries.
And much, much more in this multimedia eBook.
“The multimedia edition of Long Day’s Journey into Night is thrilling: one finds at one’s finger tips not just the script, but also vivid and voluminous dramaturgical support, complemented by video of rehearsal and performance and, wondrously, audio of Eugene O’Neill reading his own words. I will never think of this play in the same way again. How fitting that one of the greatest of all American plays should give rise to this brilliant and generous work, which sets an entirely new standard for publishing in drama.”—James Bundy, Dean and Artistic Director, Yale School of Drama and Yale Repertory Theatre
“Brilliantly dissolving the divide between text and performance, William Davies King’s multimedia Long Day’s Journey Into Night bring together an array of video clips and photographs with expertly assembled background materials to make this edition of O’Neill’s masterpiece the perfect one for our digital age.”—Jackson R. Bryer, co-editor, The Selected Letters of Eugene O’Neill
“Thanks to the expert navigation of Williams Davies King, the greatest tragedy ever written by an American has at long last landed safe and sound in our digital world.”—Robert M. Dowling, author of Eugene O’Neill: A Life in Four Acts
|Publisher:||Yale University Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||38 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|