LOOKING FOR MADELEINE is the must-read account that the online haters tried to silence. Its award-winning authors, Anthony Summers & Robbyn Swan, feature in the NETFLIX series 'The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann' and soon on Investigation Discovery.
"EXPLOSIVE" Sun "COMPELLING" Daily Telegraph
· Identifies the blunders made during the police search for Madeleine
· Draws on confidential police sources
· Analyses the thousands of pages of the Portuguese police dossier
· Pinpoints the misreading of forensic evidence that - for a time - turned Kate and Gerry McCann into formal suspects
· Follows the clues indicating that the McCanns' apartment was watched, that the apartment had been visited by a phoney "charity collector
· Reports, in frightening detail. on the many earlier sex assaults on British children in the area
Twelve years on, as Scotland Yard and Portuguese investigators continue their work, the Yard is reportedly focusing on a specific suspect. A senior officer told the authors: "The case is solvable."
What readers have said about LOOKING FOR MADELEINE:
"Lucidly written, superbly researched...non-judgemental...An excellent, fascinating update."
"A wonderful book. I was engrossed from beginning to end."
"Extensive research...plausible and sensible conclusions..."
|Publisher:||Headline Book Publishing, Limited|
|Product dimensions:||5.12(w) x 7.75(h) x 1.00(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Anthony Summers (Author)
Anthony Summers is the award-winning author of eight bestselling non-fiction books. As a BBC journalist, he covered events in the United States and wars in Vietnam and the Middle East for Panorama. His most recent book The Eleventh Day, co-authored with Robbyn Swan, was a Finalist for the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for History. It also won the Crime Writer's Association's Gold Dagger award for best non-fiction - which the first edition of this book also won. Summers is the only author to have won two Gold Dagger awards for non-fiction.
Robbyn Swan (Author)
Robbyn Swan has worked some of the biggest stories of this century and the last - from the rise of the American Mafia, to the Hiss spy case, to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. She's delivered scoops on FBI Director Hoover's sexuality, Richard Nixon's White House pill-popping, and Frank Sinatra's links to Lucky Luciano.