Having trouble getting your baby to sleep at night? Frustrated with your toddler’s picky eating? Is your preschooler’s cranky behavior getting on your nerves? Is your school-age child getting lost in a world of tablet play and video-gaming? Are you feeling defeated?
There is an answer, and you can do it. You must LEAD your child!
Parents today are too often told to let their children develop on their own and all will go well. Just keep them happy and they will thrive. Not so! Children desperately need parents to LEAD them to healthy habits and high character. In Loving by Leading, Dr. Trumbull combines thirty years of pediatric experience with decades of parenting research to give you fact-filled guidance in child rearing, such as:
- Investigating the most successful parenting style
- Understanding why your child acts the way she does
- Learning the true meaning of discipline and how it can help your child
- Training your baby to be a healthy, happy sleeper by using a time-tested Infant Sleep Program
- Bringing harmony to mealtime with your toddler
- Encouraging your child to have an active lifestyle
- Teaching your child the most valuable character quality for success in life: Self-control
- Building a rock-solid relationship with your child from birth to pre-puberty years
Loving by Leading first describes WHY children need parents to lead, and then offers practical, boots-on-the-ground advice on HOW to lead your child.
Learn more about this book at LovingByLeading.com.
|Publisher:||Den A. Trumbull, MD, LLC|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.64(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Part One – Loving by Leading Your Child: Why?
Chapter 1 – Who’s Leading?
Chapter 2 – Your Parenting Approach
Chapter 3 – Understanding Your Child
Chapter 4 – Your Parenting Goals
Chapter 5 – Your Home
Chapter 6 – First Things First
Chapter 7 – The Discipline Process
Chapter 8 – Correcting Your Child
Chapter 9 – Parenting Dilemmas
Part Two – Loving by Leading Your Child: How?
Chapter 10 – Opportunities to Lead Your Child
Chapter 11 – Encouragement
Chapter 12 – Sleep
Chapter 13 – Nutrition
Chapter 14 – Exercise and Play
Chapter 15 – Behavior
Chapter 16 – Digital Challenges
Chapter 17 – Industriousness
Chapter 18 – Paci, Potty, and Peers
Chapter 19 – Challenging Home Settings
Chapter 20 – Sharing Your Convictions
Chapter 21 – In Closing
Topical Table of Contents
About the Author