Lakyn James is sixteen years old and hating every second of it. He was supposed to be done, he'd tapped out. End of story, unsubscribe here. Suicide "attempt", they said. His intentions had no "attempt" in them.
Re-entering normal life after ‘trying’ to take his own is weird. Especially when the world keeps going like it never happened. He still has to eat breakfast, go to school, and somehow convince a cute boy that he’s too damaged to date.
Scott White comes with his own problems, namely a habit of drinking too much and being indecisive about rather he wants in the closet, or out of it. Lakyn can’t stand him; he also can’t help smiling when Scott’s around.
Unfortunately - or fortunately - for Lakyn, life has decided to give him a second chance. He's not happy about it, but maybe, with a lot of hard work and a good therapist, he can learn to be. And maybe he can hold Scott’s hand at the same time.
No promises though.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.48(d)|
Table of Contents
1. “I really fucking hate white.”
2. Living was Hard with a capital H and all that shit.
3. “Are you flirting with me?”
4. “Like tackling boys, huh Scott?”
5. The King of Bad Ideas.
6. “We should form a support group.”
7. “No cuts, no drinks.”
8. “I have sixteen years worth of issues stacked up.”
9. “You want to make a porn star joke, don’t you?”
10. I had half the mind to throw a full-blown tantrum.
11. “No homo.”
12. Happy pill.
13. “I need better coping mechanisms.”
14. Why is life so hard?
15. “I can give you the exact inches if you’re curious!”
16. Did you know there are gay penguins?
17. “You’re going to be okay.”
Epilogue: Living was definitely worth it.