Tame the very latest Mac OS X cat, Snow Leopard 10.6
Snow Leopard moves faster and roars louder than its predecessor, and this comprehensive guide shows you all the ways to get the most out of this powerful new cat. Explore everything from its muscular handling of applications and streaming media to its new, game-changing support of Microsoft's ActiveSync technology. Get set up on Snow Leopard 10.6, learn professional-level security tools, and discover secret tricks and workarounds with this essential guide.
- Install, set up, secure, and explore Mac OX 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Connect to a network, work with MobileMe, and share files
- Meet Grand Central Dispatch and jet-propel your apps with parallel processing
- Get up to speed on Open CL, for faster general performance
- Run Windows applications and exchange files with Windows PCs
- Go beyond the basics with AppleScript, the Automator, and Unix commands
|Series:||Bible Series , #586|
|Product dimensions:||7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.80(d)|
About the Author
Galen Gruman is executive editor of InfoWorld.com and principal at The Zango Group, an editorial consulting firm. Previously, he was editor of Macworld (U.S.) and M-Business and West Coast bureau chief of Computerworld.
Mark Hattersley is Editor in Chief of the Macworld group in the UK. He watches over Macworld, MacVideo, iPod User, and Digital Arts. Mark is a technology writer and editor with wide-ranging experience in the tech industry in particular.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews