Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Build and manage a powerful network on Mac OS X Server
Boost productivity and foster collaboration using the powerful networking tools available in Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server. With clear, detailed explanations and step-by-step instructions, Mac OS X System Administration shows you how to plan, construct, and manage a high-performance Mac-based network. You'll learn how to do everything from planning and installing the network from scratch to backing up both clients and servers to recovering from disaster.
- Plan the wired, wireless, or combination network your organization needs
- Build the network and install Mac OS X Server
- Secure the network using firewalls, encryption, and SSL authentication
- Harness the power of Open Directory to organize and manage the network
- Create user accounts, set up groups, and control which applications and features users can access
- Set up and manage file sharing, print, Web, and e-mail services
- Install applications automatically both before and after deploying the Macs
- Enable remote access to the network via VPN
- Add iPhones and iPod touches to the network
Guy Hart-Davis is the bestselling author of more than 50 computer books, including AppleScript: A Beginner's Guide, Mac OS X Leopard QuickSteps, HTML, XHTML & CSS QuickSteps, and How to Do Everything: iPod, iPhone, & iTunes.
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||23 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of ContentsPart I: Plan and Create the Network; Chapter 1. Plan Your Mac Network; Chapter 2. Set Up the Network Hardware; Chapter 3. Set Up Mac OS X Servers; Chapter 4. Secure Your Server; Chapter 5. Set Up Open Directory; Chapter 6. Set Up Client Systems; Chapter 7. Create and Control Users and Groups; Chapter 8. Add the iPhone or iPod Touch to Your Network; Part II: Provide Services and Applications; Chapter 9. Configure the Web Service and Control Internet Access; Chapter 10. Set Up E-mail; Chapter 11. Set Up File Services; Chapter 12. Install and Manage Applications; Chapter 13. Run Windows Applications on Macs; Chapter 14. Manage Printers; Chapter 15. Allow Remote Access to Your Network; Part III: Secure and Maintain Your Network; Chapter 16. Secure Your Macs and Your Network; Chapter 17. Keep Your Client Macs Up to Date; Chapter 18. Back Up and Restore Data; Chapter 19. Automate Routine Tasks with AppleScript; Chapter 20. Create Peer-to-Peer Mac Networks for Small Offices; Index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews