Time—the commodity most of us never have enough of. Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies is exactly what you need to get more results from every minute you spend with your Mac OS X Tiger.
Loaded with more than 60 timesaving tricks and techniques, this helpful volume gets right to the point and shows you how to streamline dozens of everyday computer functions. If you already know your way around Mac OS X Tiger, you can discover how to speed up your Mac, make searches faster and more efficient, optimize your network, and a lot more. For example, you can
- Create your own keyboard shortcuts
- Find files faster with Spotlight
- Save steps with contextual menus
- Make the most of the address book and iCal
- Take advantage of Safari RSS feeds
- Use your iPod for secure, encrypted storage
- Set up a videoconference with iChat AV
There are guidelines for customizing OS X to meet your specific needs, so your Mac will be well organized even if you aren’t. And the techniques are organized too, by the application or the general concept for which they work. You get no-nonsense, step-by-step instructions for putting each technique to work. After all, the whole point of Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies is—well, saving time! These are a few of the places where this book will help you trim the minutes.
- Starting, stopping, and running your Mac more efficiently
- Optimizing your interface and customizing the Finder, windows, and the Dock
- Organizing, managing, and finding stuff—yours, and the computer’s
- Beefing up application performance
- Using the Internet more efficiently, with tips on searching, stopping spam, using Google, and more
- Making the most of your network
- Being more efficient with multimedia, including boosting productivity with your iPod
- Maintaining your Mac and keeping it secure
- Creating your own timesaving techniques with Automator and other slightly advanced tricks
You can’t help but be more productive with Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques For Dummies!