Macroeconomics Homework Edition Plus Myeconlab Plus Ebook 1-Semester Student Access Kit / Edition 7 available in Other Format
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education
Like a lens that brings the indistinct into focus, Parkin's Macroeconomics introduces students to the art of seeing the invisible, teaching them interpret the story told by the economic indicators, uncover meaning hidden in the headlines, and gain a clear vision through economic analysis. An inspired teacher and crystal-clear writer, Michael Parkin has long been dedicated to helping students discover and apply the timeless principles of economics.
Parkin invites students to:
• See and understand the issues of our time in the brightest light, with the most compelling examples and clearest explanation.
• Visualize economic principles in action using a widely acclaimed approach to graphical analysis.
• Gain perspective on current economic events and today's principal economic thinkers through a series of carefully crafted features.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Economics?
2. The Economic Problem.
II. HOW MARKETS WORK.
3. Demand and Supply.
III. A FIRST LOOK AT MACROECONOMICS.
4. A First Look at Macroeconomics.
5. Measuring GDP and Economic Growth.
6. Monitoring Cycles, Jobs, and the Price Level.
7. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand.
IV. AGGREGATE SUPPLY AND ECONOMIC GROWTH.
8. The Economy at Full Employment: The Classical Model.
9. Economic Growth.
V. AGGREGATE DEMAND, MONEY, AND INFLATION.
10. Money, Banks, and the Federal Reserve.
11. Money, Interest, Real GDP, and the Price Level.
VI. ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS AND STABILIZATION POLICY.
13. Expenditure Multipliers: The Keynesian Model.
14. The Business Cycle.
15. Fiscal Policy.
16. Monetary Policy.
VII. MACROECONOMIC OVERVIEW.
17. Trading with the World.