Macromolecules Containing Metal and Metal-Like Elements, Volume 5, Transition Metals / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
This series provides a useful, applications-oriented forum for the next generation of macromolecules and materials. The fifth volume in this series provides useful descriptions of the transition metals and their applications. Transition Metals are covered in 2 volumes, the second part is covered in Volume 6.
|Series:||Macromolecules Containing Metal and Metal-like Elements Series , #10|
|Product dimensions:||6.36(w) x 9.74(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Alaa Abd-El-Aziz is Professor of Chemistry and the Associate Vice-President of Research & Graduate Studies at the University of Winnipeg.
Dr. Charles Carraher is Professor of Chemistry at Florida Atlantic University and Associate Director of the Florida Center for Environmental Studies.
Dr. Charles Pittman has a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from Lafayette College and a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Pennsylvania State University. He com-pleted postdoctoral studies with G. A. Olah, and served on active duty at the U.S. Army University of Alabama. He was appointed Full Professor in 1975 and Uni-versity Research Professor in 1977. Dr. Pittman came to Mississippi State in 1983 as Professor of Industrial Chemistry and Catalysis. He is also Research Director of the University/Industry Chemical Research Center.
Martin Zeldin is a Visiting Professor of Chemistry at the Hobart and William Smith Colleges. He received his Ph.D. in inorganic chemistry in 1968 from Penn-sylvania State University.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Metal-Coordination Polymers. (Charles E. Carraher Jr., Charles U. Pittman Jr., and Alaa S. Abd-El-Axix).
2. Synthetic Strategies for Inert Metal-Skeletal Polymers. (Ronald D. Archer).
3. Metallo-Supramolecular Polymers: Synthesis, Material Properties, and Potential Future Applications. (Stefan Schmatloch, Harald Hofmeier, and UlrichS. Schubert).
4. Coordination/Organometallic Oligomers and Polymers of Palladium and Platinum: Focus on Metal-Containing Backbone. (Pierre D. Harvey).
5. Metal-Containing Polymers for Optoelectronic Applications. (Wai Kin Chan).
6. Novel Polyphenylazomethine Dendrimer Complexes for Fine-Controlled Metallorganic Hybrid Materials. (Kimihisa Yamamoto and Masayoshi Higuchi).
7. Structural Diversity, Physical Properties, and Applications of Cyanometalate Coordination Polymers. (Julie Lefebvre and Daniel B. Leznoff).
8. Metal Conjugates with Redox-Active Conjugated Polymers or Molecules. (Toshikazu Hirao)
9. Catalytic Activity of Macromolecules Obtained from Metal-Containing Monomers. (Piero Mastrorilli and Cosimo Francesco Nobile).
10. Organometalloligands as Components in Supramolecular Coordination Networks. (Moonhyun Oh, Jeffrey A. Reingold, and Dwight A. Sweigart).
11. Metal Complexes of Conjugated Polymers and Related Polymers. (Takakazu Yamanoto and Hiroki Fukumoto).
12. Polyamides Containing Metals. (Issifu I. Harruna and Odessa N. Petzold).
13. Ruthenium-Containing Polymers for Solar Energy Conversion. (Charles E. Carraher Jr. and Amanda Taylor Murphy).
14. Uranium-Containing Polymers. (Charles E. Carraher Jr.).